How is it that summer is over already?! I feel like it went by SO quickly! But I have to say, it was a great summer! Lots of catering! And it doesn’t stop there. Planned an AMAZING menu for an “End of the summer pool party”, which should have been this past weekend, but with Hurricane Dorian passing through, we had to reschedule our event for a couple of weeks from now. (Be sure to check in a couple of weeks for the final results!) This party of 40 people will have:
*Crudite platter with veggies, fruit, hummus, and tzatziki
*Veggie paninis with pesto
*Antipasto pasta salad with an herb vinaigrette
*Sliders with all sorts of toppings
*Grilled corn with cilantro lime butter
*BBQ spiced popcorn
*Sweet and savory chex party mix
I don’t think it’s going to be enough food! LOL If you read the post before, this is going to be for the family that I catered a fun First Holy Communion for their daughter. The best compliment they gave me, being able to be present for their celebration while having fun hosting and not having to prep and cook for all of their guests. Can you imagine this pool party with all of this food and they won’t get to enjoy their own party? I can’t wait to post how it went! So when she requested peach cobbler, I began to crave it so I HAD to make a little batch of it (ya know, because of the diet! LOL).
Also, getting ready for the Fall and put up some awesome cooking classes to get you ready for all of your fall hosting. There are some great recipes that you can add in your archive of recipes! There is more information under the Services page, but here are the menus for September and October:
September cooking classes:
- Hot Cuban Flavors Amazing Latin flavors are packed into this simple, but delicious menu!
- Spicy Grilled Mojo Chicken with Avocado Mango Salsa, Grilled Corn with Cotija and Lime, Coconut Flan
- Fall Favorites Perfect, comfort recipes just in time for the fall!
- Perfect Roast Chicken with Lemon and Herbs, Vegetable Pot Pie, Apple Crisp with Cinnamon Cream
- For the kiddos Fun and interactive class where kids learn how to make pasta! They will also learn to make a cookie they are sure to love!
- Fettuccine Alfredo, Chicken Parmesan, Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Date Night Enjoy a fun night with your friends and cook an amazing dinner that you will for sure cook over and over!
- Crostini with Caramelized Shallots, Balsamic Fig Jam, and Burrata, Fresh Pasta, Lobster Ravioli with White Wine Beurre Blanc, Champagne Chocolate Truffles
October cooking classes:
- Autumn Pies It’s that time of year again and that means fall baking! Learn how to make delicious, decorative fall pies
- Classic Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Fall Soups and Stews Fabulous recipes for the perfect fall day
- Chicken and Herb Dumpling Soup, Hearty Tuscan Beef and Red Wine Stew, Sweet Potato Soup with Apple and Ginger
- Girl’s Night Out! Grab your favorite Champagne and your girlfriends to this delicious fall menu!
- Endive Salad with Grapes and Candied Pecans, Pan Roasted Chicken with Sage Au Jus, Pumpkin Risotto with Fried Sage, Apple Butterscotch Gallette
- Date Night The perfect dinner for a romantic, fall night in!
- Fennel and Blood Orange Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette, Cast Iron Steak with Red Wine Sauce, Truffle Mashed Potatoes, Chocolate Espresso Pot de Creme
What would you like to learn in November? I’ll be posting the November classes by the end of the month, because my favorite holiday is right around the corner and there are some good, classic recipes to be shared! Thanksgiving is the perfect time to host a great dinner and my classes will be filled with all sorts of tips and ideas!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram! So many good food pics and inspiration! Also, subscribe to my blog for future classes and recipes! xoxo
2 thoughts on “End of Summer/Getting ready for the Fall”
I love and appreciate your sense of tastebuds for events and holidays! Thank you so much for sharing, you’re fascinating to learn from the photos and details you share.
:Wipes drool off keyboard:: ha ha!
Hi there!! 😊 thank you so much!! I appreciate your kind words!