Ever had chicken and waffles before? The first time I heard of chicken and waffles, I thought, “Nope! I would never try it!” But when I did try it, my life changed!! I’m not much of a breakfast person, but this meal is perfect for brunch time. I’ve ordered chicken and waffles EVERY time I go out for brunch and it doesn’t disappoint. The combination of beautiful, golden waffles topped with crispy, tender chicken, and sweet maple syrup, is … HEAVENLY! And with my new Breville waffle maker, I can make these at home whenever I want! This recipe is so delicious and easy, you will never have to buy waffle mix again!
The only waffle recipe you will ever need!
-2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
-1/4 cup granulated sugar
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
-2 eggs, beaten
-1 1/2 cups buttermilk
-1/4 cup melted butter
-1 tsp vanilla bean paste
-berries, chocolate chips, nuts, are optional
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. This ensures that they are evenly distributed.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients. If the batter is too thick, add more buttermilk.
- If you are not using a nonstick waffle maker, brush the plates with melted butter and pour about 1/3 cup of batter in the center.
- Close and cook until your desired doneness.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram! xoxo