This post is pretty exciting for me because this is the first post where I post a recipe! Though this site is meant to promote my services as a private chef, I would love to share some recipes with you every once in a while. This weather has my herbs growing so beautifully and so I have been wanting to make these cookies all week! They are so easy to make and they are bursting with Spring flavor! For those busy families, you can make a large batch of dough, wrap in parchment paper in the shape of a log, and freeze until ready to bake. They will make great slice and bake shortbread cookies!
By the way, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies
-1/2 cup butter, room temperature
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-Zest of 1 large lemon
-Juice of half lemon
-1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
-1 1/2 tbsp Thyme, finely chopped
-1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and mix to combine, about 10 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour and mix on low speed. Add the remaining flour, the chopped thyme, and the salt and mix until just combined, careful not to overmix. The dough should be cleaning off the sides of the bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn the dough and shape into a ball. Roll out dough until about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies and place on a sheet tray.
- Place in freezer for about 5 minutes (this prevents the dough from spreading as it bakes). Place sheet tray in preheated oven and bake 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool before enjoying!