Happy Mother’s Day to all you amazing ladies!
This past weekend was so great! It started out with an amazing event that I catered on Saturday. It was for this sweet little girl who just had her First Communion. I met this very sweet family a few weeks ago and it was such an honor that I got to be a part of their event. When the mother reached out to me to cater her event, she thought it would be a fun idea to do a brunch board with all sorts of goodies. I thought, “how fun!” and I was all in! Their menu consisted of :
- Lemon poppyseed muffins
- Double chocolate chip muffins
- Goat cheese, spinach, and ham quiche
- Bacon, broccoli, and cheddar quiche
- Buttermilk pancakes
- Chocolate chip pancakes
- Nutella French toast (I mean anything with Nutella is heavenly, am I right?)
- Raspberry and cream cheese stuffed French toast
- Assorted bagels (complete with 3 cream cheese smears, arugula, capers, and tomatoes)
- Cheese board (complete with 6 different hard and soft cheese, crackers, honeys, and nuts)
- Fresh fruit (with extra strawberries and blueberries)
- Crispy bacon and smoked sausage
- Orange juice and raspberry lemonade
What an AMAZING way to celebrate with your friends and family!! It’s such a great feeling to see the smiles and to hear how everything exceeded expectations!! And as I was leaving, the happy parents both told me that this was the best way to celebrate-at their home and not having to wait at a restaurant for all the food for their large group! I’m looking forward to catering another event with them in the future!
On Sunday, I spent the day with my family. It started with me, my mom, and my cousin, Trish. I bought us a couple bottles of champagne, we had chicken and waffles for brunch, and we spent some time in the pool. It was a perfect laid back day- we talked Game of Thrones and listened to good music all day. And speaking of Game of Thrones!! What an episode! No spoilers here, but OMG! I cannot believe that next week is the last episode! How did this time go by so quickly?… What are your predictions for the finale?